Submachine 10: The Exit
v1 (SD/HD) December 21st 2015
v2.0 (SD) November 2017
v2.1 (SD) February 2018
Submachine 10: The Exit (or Sub10) is the tenth and final installment of the main Submachine series.
From there, he/she accesses the captain's ship, which the player can use to access the rest of the areas of the game, encountering new technologies such as light spheres and karma portal stands and using them to progress. Along the way, the player collects exchanges between Murtaugh and Elizabeth in the form of notes, and as a result, learns that both time travel and karmic energy-stabilizing technology were both used in the Subnet. The player also sees sub-bots for the first time, but they are dead or broken.
In his/her travels, the player finds the remains of past exploration teams. He/she eventually visits S.H.I.V.A., a supercomputer that controls the Submachine. At some point, the player shuts down S.H.I.V.A. in order to progress. The player visits locations from each previous Submachine game, including the edge and the Root base. He/she even returns to the basement. The player encounters many looping locations and must restore various karma portals before revisiting the lighthouse tower.
In the very last moments of gameplay, the player teleports right outside the lighthouse from within, therefore exiting the Submachine. He/she finds out that the Submachine was buried under a desert of sand, on a foreign planet with pyramids and two moons in the sky. The player walks a short distance and is greeted by a living Murtaugh and Elizabeth at a stone temple.
List of locations
Development and History
The game originally went under the title Submachine X or SubX; however, the name was revealed to be Submachine 10: The Exit in 2012.
In his wrap-up of 2013 post, Skutnik stated that work for Submachine 10 might begin in 2014, but he was doubtful whether it would be finished before 2015.
In his wrap-up of a 2014 post, Skutnik restated the game would come out in 2015 and also added the promise of showing teasers, sketches, and screenshots continuously after work was started.
Mateusz Skutnik posted the game's progress bar on his current work page on 23 March 2015, signaling his completion of Rewolucje 9 and his start on building Submachine 10.
On March 26th Mateusz Skutnik asked his fans if he would rather show teasers or not. The decision concluded that Mateusz is not going to show teasers of the game.
Mateusz changed the release date to "late autumn" on September 10th in a reply to a tweet on his Twitter.
Mateusz recently stated that the most likely release date for Submachine 10 would be on December 21.
The game was released at 8:00 AM ET on 21 December 2015.
- A minor predicament, long thought-of to be a game-stopping bug, or even as an "unofficial bad ending" by some Pastel Forum users, can be encountered after moving the ladder from the Northern Garden docks to one of the first two docking areas, then teleporting to level X through the Lighthouse portal, and trying to return to the docks. After descending the Captain’s ship, the lower ladder will be gone, leaving the player hanging from the ship’s ladder and unable to continue downward to the docks, or to even move back upward to the Captain’s ship. The only way out of this situation is to quit the game and begin a completely new game entirely. It was possible for Skutnik to perform an update to the free, non-HD, online version of the game to remedy this: The player can now pull a new, unique lever inside the ship (the lever’s display will read "Signal the docking ladder.") which will correctly position the lower ladder and enable access the Northern Garden docks.
This article was featured on 21 December 2015.
- ↑ http://www.patreon.com/mateuszskutnik
- ↑ FAQ from Pastel Forum, Question 1
- ↑ Wrap Up 2013,Future games section
- ↑ Submachine 2 HD release
- ↑ Wrap Up 2014, "Welcome to the Year of Submachine!" Section
- ↑ Tweet serving as a reminder to contribute to Patreon
- ↑ Post in Pastel Forum
|Main series||1: The Basement • 2: The Lighthouse • 3: The Loop • 4: The Lab • 5: The Root |
6: The Edge • 7: The Core • 8: The Plan • 9: The Temple • 10: The Exit
|Side series||Ancient Adventure • Future Loop Foundation • FLF • 32 Chambers • Submachine Universe • The Engine • The Explorers|
|Other games||iSubmachine • Sketch of Submachine 2 • Card Game|